ADSM-L

Re: tape use question

2005-02-17 15:03:56
Subject: Re: tape use question
From: Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:03:25 -0500
<<We are up to 70 tapes going out the door each day >>
Can you tell me if out of those 70 tapes if all the tapes are full? or what
would you say the % utilized before going out?

If you have collocation  turning off can help.
In your migration and tape copy processes try to minimize the mount points.
That can certainly help.
Control your maxscratch counts to prevent grab of new scratch tapes from
these processes.
For example, I am using collocation, if I set high maxscratch count, TSM
will grab all the scratch tapes it can until reaches maxscratch #.
Keep expiration running
Keep reclamation running onsite and offsite.

Sung Y. Lee

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 02/17/2005
02:40:48 PM: