ADSM-L

Re: Feedback - how are you using email archiving?

2005-02-17 13:59:45
Subject: Re: Feedback - how are you using email archiving?
From: Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:59:25 -0500
I am not sure what kind of emails you are archiving, but would it be
possible for you to zip or compress bunches of files.. like once a day.
then do the backup.
That way instead of backing up thousands of files, you only have to backup
one zipped or compressed files.   Then when you do have a problem and need
to restore you can restore volume faster.

Sung Y. Lee

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 02/16/2005
10:49:34 AM: