ADSM-L

Re: Questions concerning file/user exits

2005-02-17 09:03:32
Subject: Re: Questions concerning file/user exits
From: Joe Howell <JHowell AT SHELTERINSURANCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:03:11 -0600
Eric - make sure that you're not encountering authorization problems.  Try
scheduling your script from the server: 'define clientaction <clientname>
action=command options=<path to script>".  If it fails to run then you
might have a permissions issue with whatever userid your scheduler runs
as.

#######################

Joe Howell
Shelter Insurance Companies
(573)-214-6534
jhowell AT shelterinsurance DOT com

"Jones, Eric J" <eric.j.jones AT LMCO DOT COM>
02/17/2005 07:31 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Questions concerning file/user exits

Good Morning.
I setup in the DSM.OPT file a preschedulecmd with a batch file that I've
tested and it worked well outside of TSM.  When the backup kicked
off(serverinitiated) it failed.
In the dsmerror.log I'm receiving the following error.
02/16/2005 19:01:25 ANS1902E The PRESCHEDULECMD command failed. The
scheduled event will not be executed.
02/16/2005 19:01:25 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'CAGE_DEV_INTEL' failed.
Return code = 12.
It looked like I only needed quotes arount the command if blanks were
present which none are.
The line in the DSM.OPT file is
preschedulecmd d:\NTBACKUP\SYSTEMSTATE_Backup.bat

The backup in TSM ran fine until I added the preschedulecmd.  Nothing
ran in the batch file.

Do I need to add/change anything in the DSM.OPT file preschedulecmd?
It's running on a win2K machine with SP4 and TSM 5.2.2
The server is AIX 5.2 with TSM 5.2.2

Thanks for the help,
Eric