ADSM-L

Re: a simple question

2005-02-17 08:11:14
Subject: Re: a simple question
From: asr AT UFL DOT EDU
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:11:01 -0500
==> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 07:18:41 -0500, Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU> said:

> Edit scripts outside of TSM, and put the edited version into effect with
> 'DEFine SCRIPT ... FILE=____'. Trying to edit Scripts within the TSM
> server is just too awkward.

Amen.  And to amplify and suggest:

I've got several scripts whose meaning is 'reload this other script, from this
well-known file location'

For instance my 'retemp' script has

del scr temp
def scr temp file=/u/adsm/tmp/temp.scr

so I can edit 'temp.scr' and pretend that it's close to the same thing as my
temp script.

This model has saved me a lot of time: I've got a large passel of scripts
(40-60) I use in the management of my covey of servers, and just a few
maintainance scripts let me reload all of them.

- Allen S. Rout