ADSM-L

Backup is taking time

2005-02-17 01:50:12
Subject: Backup is taking time
From: Akash Jain <akashj AT IBILTTECHNOLOGIES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:19:44 +0530
Hi experts,

It has been observed that cold backup of database server is taking more time
from past 1 months.

In spite of the fact that we are having 2Gbps data transfer speed, no
simultaneous process is running on TSM backup server and no other database
backup is scheduled with the running backup.

Could anyone update about the certain parameters I can work around to reduce
the time or checked ti improve the performance?

Now its taking more than 10 hours for transferring 110 GB of data on LTO
tape where as previously it was taking less than 10 hours for transferring
120 GB of data.

Any help and suggestions are really appreciated.

Regards
Akash Jain