ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Unsubscribe [WatchDog: gepr?ft]

2005-02-16 15:17:13
Subject: Re: Antwort: Unsubscribe [WatchDog: gepr?ft]
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 13:16:44 -0700
Or the TSM client README file, which as a courtesy contains info on how to
subscribe and unsubscribe.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-02-16
13:12:13:

> *smile* good question!!!!
>
> please read the monthly faq-list!
>
> Christian Demnitz
> mailto:christian.demnitz AT sinius DOT com
>

> Richard Seger <richard.seger AT ADIC DOT COM>
> Gesendet von: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
> 16.02.2005 21:04
> Bitte antworten an
> "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>

> An
> ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Kopie
>
> Thema
> Unsubscribe
>

> How do I unsubscribe from this list?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Rich Seger

Fielding
> [...]
>
>                  7. Click on OK, then new popup indicates Installed.
>
>                  ----------------------
>                  Output of dsmcutil list:
>
>                  Command: List Installed TSM Client Services
>                  Machine: MATHILDA(Local Machine)
>

>                  Installed TSM Client Services:
>
>                     1. TSM Client Acceptor
>                     2. TSM Client Acceptor - BOOGA
>                     3. TSM Client Scheduler
>                     4. TSM Client Scheduler - BOOGA
>                     5. TSM Remote Client Agent
>                     6. TSM Remote Client Agent - BOOGA
>
>                  6 TSM Client Services were located.
>

>                  ----------------------
>                  Output of dsmcutil query /name:"TSM Client Acceptor -
> BOOGA":
>
>                  Connecting to service 'TSM Client Acceptor - BOOGA' ...
>
>                  Service Configuration/Status:
>
>                  Service Name   : TSM Client Acceptor - BOOGA
>                  Logon Account  : LocalSystem
>                  Start Type     : Demand
>                  Current Status : Stopped
>
>                  TSM Client Service Registry Settings:
>
>                  Client Service Type = Client Acceptor Service
>                  Client Directory    = "C:\Program
> Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmcad.exe"
>                  Partner Service     = TSM Remote Client Agent - BOOGA
>                  Cad Schedule Service = TSM Client Scheduler - BOOGA
>                  Options file        = C:\Program
> Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm2.opt
>                  Event Logging       = YES
>                  TSM Client Node     = BOOGA
>                  Comm Protocol       = (value not currently set)
>                  Server              = (value not currently set)
>                  Server Port         = (value not currently set)
>                  HTTP Port           = 1583
>                  Secure HTTP Port    = (value not currently set)
>                  Web Ports           = (value not currently set)
>                  Schedule Log        = (value not currently set)
>                  Error Log           = (value not currently set)
>

>                  ----------------------
>                  Output of dsmcutil query /name:"TSM Client Scheduler -
> BOOGA":
>
>                  Connecting to service 'TSM Client Scheduler - BOOGA'
>
>                  Service Configuration/Status:
>
>                  Service Name   : TSM Client Scheduler - BOOGA
>                  Logon Account  : LocalSystem
>                  Start Type     : Demand
>                  Current Status : Stopped
>
>                  TSM Client Service Registry Settings:
>
>                  Client Service Type = Client Scheduler Service
>                  Client Directory    = "C:\Program
> Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmcsvc.exe"
>                  Options file        = C:\Program
> Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm2.opt
>                  Event Logging       = NO
>                  TSM Client Node     = MATHILDA
>                  Comm Protocol       = (value not currently set)
>                  Server              = (value not currently set)
>                  Server Port         = (value not currently set)
>                  Schedule Log        = c:\temp\dsmsched.log
>                  Error Log           = c:\temp\dsmerror.log
>                  Cluster Enabled     = (value not currently set)
>                  Cluster Name        = (value not currently set)
>
>                  ------------------------
>
>                  If I start the service right now, the BOOGA service
> indeed connects using
>                  Mathilda's nodename (and Mathilda's password).   Very
> odd.  If I go back in
>                  and *edit* the service and change the node back to
BOOGA

Raibeck/Tucson/IBM@IBMUS
>                  > Internet e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
>                  >
>                  > The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked.
>                  > The command line is your friend.
>                  > "Good enough" is the enemy of excellence.
>                  >
>                  > "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
wrote
> on 2005-02-14
>                  > 20:00:42:
>                  >
>                  >> I have things configured pretty much as you
describe,
> and I also use
>                  >> dsmcutil to create the services when using a
cluster-
> Way easier to
>                  > reduce
>                  >> mistakes since I can throw it into a batch file and
> run it on both sides
>                  > of
>                  >> the cluster.  :)
>                  >>
>                  >> The issue I'm seeing, though, can be duplicated on a
> non-cluster.
>                  > (however
>                  >> the results seem to happen on some systems but not
> others) If you take a
>                  >> Windows 2000 or 2003 server and try the following:
>                  >>
>                  >> 1. Install a regular dsmcad, agent and scheduler
> service using the
>                  > default
>                  >> baclient\dsm.opt file.
>                  >> 2. create a second options file named something
> different such as
>                  > dsm2.opt
>                  >> 3. install a second set of services, named
> differently, and using the
>                  >> dsm2.opt, and using a different nodename from the
> first set.  (ie. you
>                  > would
>                  >> use this if setting up a scheduler for an agent
> perhaps, or for a
>                  > cluster
>                  >> resource group).
>                  >> 4. before starting the dsmcad service, start up a
> console window
>                  >> (dsmadmc -console)
>                  >> 5. start dsmcad, wait the minute for the scheduler
> kick in
>                  >>
>                  >> What I see on the console (and in the actlog) is:
>                  >> - an inital connection using the correct (second)
> nodename, by the
>                  > dsmcad as
>                  >> soon as I start the service
>                  >> - 1 minute later, I see two more client connections
as
> the scheduler
>                  >> connects.  the first connection uses the wrong
(first)
> nodename, the
>                  > second
>                  >> connection uses the correct (second) nodename.
>                  >>
>                  >> other than that, everything seems to work
> [...]
/clusternode:no
> for the services
>                  > you
>                  >> > create that aren't for the cluster.  Finally you
> also have to make
>                  > sure
>                  >> > that you create the cluster services first.  If
you
> don't do this
>                  >> > correctly you will get errors but they aren't all
as
> clear as I would
>                  >> > like.
>                  >> >
>                  >> > Paul Fielding <paul AT FIELDING DOT CA> wrote:
>                  >> > Several years ago I noticed an interesting
behavior
> when installing
>                  >> > multiple client scheduler services on a server. A
> ticket was opened
>                  > with
>                  >> > IBM and the final word came back that there was
> indeed a bug, the apar
>                  > was
>                  >> > opened, and we were told it would be resolved.
This
> week I've
>                  > encoutered
>                  >> > the same situation, so I'm wondering if anyone has
> also noticed this
>                  >> > behavior? I no longer have the apar number of the
> original ticket, so
>                  > I
>                  >> > can't check to see the apar's status.
>                  >> >
>                  >> > When installing a scheduler service (with
apropriate
> cad, etc) you
>                  > must
>                  >> > supply the dsm.opt file fo the service to use. For
> the first nodename
>                  > on
>                  >> > the server, this is typically the
> Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.opt file.
>                  > When
>                  >> > installing the second set of services for an
> alternate nodename, you
>                  > must
>                  >> > supply an alternate dsm.opt file.
>                  >> >
>                  >> > If you run a dsmadmc -console while starting the
> CAD, you may notice
>                  > that,
>                  >> > when the scheduler service contacts the TSM
Server,