ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.3 Administration Center

2005-02-15 12:54:01
Subject: Re: TSM 5.3 Administration Center
From: Julius Martinez <juliusm AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:53:42 -0700
Hi Orville - we don't expect that customers will need to spend much time
specifically managing the ISC piece of the Administration Center. The TSM
Installation Guide and Problem Determination Guide include basic
information about how to install and troubleshoot ISC. These books are
available from the Tivoli Storage Manager publications Web site at:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/index.jsp.

As you mentioned, there is additional ISC information available on the
DeveloperWorks website. From there, you can download the ISC Toolkit,
which is part of the Autonomic Computing Toolkit. The ISC Tooklit includes
the ISC Developer Information Center, which provides instructions for
writing and deploying an ISC plugin. The Autonomic Computing Toolkit also
includes a redistribution license for ISC.

That said, we have recently opened a requirement with ISC development
asking that they improve their external documentation, specifically in the
area of managing users and groups. If you could provide some details about
the type of information you're looking for, we'd be happy to pass your
feedback along to ISC development as well.

Julius Martinez
IBM Software Group, Tivoli Storage
(520) 799-5472 (tie line 321-5472)
Tucson, Arizona

----- Message from Richard van Denzel <RvanDenzel AT SLTN DOT NL> on Fri, 11 Feb
2005 11:51:16 +0100 -----
Re: TSM 5.3 Administration Center

Orville,

Alas the PDF's are gone. What's left is a bloody CD, which you can either
run or install and then you get all the documentation on web-pages.
Be aware, there is a tomcat webserver included which seems to die on me
every now and then on my PC and there is no easy way to restart it (I've
installed the CD).

Richard.

Orville Lantto <orville.lantto AT DATATREND DOT COM>
10-02-2005 19:28