ADSM-L

Re: Error message when trying to install server to admin center

2005-02-15 10:20:32
Subject: Re: Error message when trying to install server to admin center
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 08:20:14 -0700
Timothy,

1) Silly question perhaps, but are you certain you are providing the
server connection info for the intended TSM server?

2) When you click on "Health Monitor", do you see *any* TSM servers show
up in the list in the right-hand pane?

3) Connect to your TSM server via the Admin CLI and run

   query status

The first line of output is the TSM server version. The next (significant)
line is "Server Name" followed by the name of the TSM server. What is that
name?

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-02-15
06:22:26:

> Andrew
>
> We upgraded our server(s) to 5.3 then installed the ISC and admin.
> the server that I am trying to add to the Admin Center is up and
running.

> I am trying to add a server connection by doing the following
>
> clicking
>
> 1) Health Monitor
> 2) select server action/ click add server connection
>
> Adding a connection to a IBM TSM server
>
>  Description
>     xxx
>
> Administrator name
> xxxxxx (my admin ID)
>
> Password
> xxxxx
>
> Password (re-enter to confirm)
> xxxxxx
>
> Server address
> xxxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>
> Server port
> 1500
>
>  (check)  to  Unlock the ADMIN_CENTER administrator on the server to
>   allow the health monitor to report server status. (then I'm clicking
ok)

> Again this TSM server is up and is the only connection that I will be
adding
> the
> this ISC/Admin Center and the name of the server is not "TSM" not sure
yet
> where it's getting that name from?
>
> We have other TSM servers using another network so they are
> on a different  ISC/admin.
>
> Thanks
>

> Andrew Raibeck wrote:
>
> > I don't know enough about the specifics of your configuration to give
you
> > a specific answer. Are you trying to register more than one server
whose
> > name is "TSM"? What are the exact steps that you have performed, from
> > start to finish, that lead to this message being issued?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Andy
> >
> > Andy Raibeck
> > IBM Software Group
> > Tivoli Storage Manager Client Development
> > Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Tucson/IBM@IBMUS
> > Internet e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
> >
> > The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked.
> > The command line is your friend.
> > "Good enough" is the enemy of excellence.
> >
> > "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-02-14
> > 11:41:11:
> >
> > > The message seems self-expanatory but why doesn't the server
> > > show up When I click on Health monitor? or anything else?
> > > if it's been added?

self-explanatory.
> > Is

> > TSM.