ADSM-L

Re: TSM5.1 32bit to TSM5.164bit Migration

2005-02-14 10:02:57
Subject: Re: TSM5.1 32bit to TSM5.164bit Migration
From: "Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:02:29 -0600
Another way is to move your TSM Instance and DB to new 64bit system then
upgrade your TSM binaries to 64bit.
Here's roughly what we did to go from and H70 to a p630

On Existing H70 Upgrade OS from AIX 4.3.3 to 5.2
Build new p630
Did a sysback on H70
Physically moved SSA Drawer with our TSM DB Vols from H70 to p630
Restored Sysback to p630 (Have AIX 5.x CD ready for p630 driver filesets)

Started system up
Redefined Tape Drives and Paths to TSM
Disk Stgpool were on SAN so just had to move HBA's or Zone SAN disk to New
HBA...
After a couple weeks when all was running for awhile then we upgraded TSM
fileset Binaries from 32 to 64bit...
Our AIX admin would have more details.

If you're just upgrading OS our AIX admin split the mirrored root vols,
upgraded from 4.33 to 5.2 on one of the volumes while we ran on the other vol
with 4.33.

Once he was done with the upgrade he'd change the boot order to the 5.2 vol and
we ran TSM 32bit on AIX 5.2 64bit for a bout a week till we were comfortable,
then the admin re-mirrored the root vols and we upgraded TSM to 64bit a week or
so after that.

Hope this helps.