ADSM-L

Re: TSM5.1 32bit to TSM5.164bit Migration

2005-02-14 08:33:06
Subject: Re: TSM5.1 32bit to TSM5.164bit Migration
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:32:13 -0500
On Feb 14, 2005, at 8:23 AM, Purushotham, Vivek wrote:

I have some inputs on the migrating TSM51 from a 32bit OS (AIX 433) to
TSM51
64bit OS (AIX 53).
I have a doubt , if the Data would be correctly migrated accross this
dissimiliar architecture.

I have installed the binaries in 64bit on a new box , Just wanted some
more
clarity before proceeding.

Hi, Vivek -

For what it's worth, I performed a DB Restore type migration from
32-bit AIX 4.1 ADSM 3.1 to 64-bit AIX 5.2 TSM 5.2 with fine results: a
testament to the level of programming in the server. As you intimate,
determining how far you can "push" the restoral approach is undefined,
and so there is no certainty of outcome. But I hope this helps you.

   Richard Sims     http://people.bu.edu/rbs