ADSM-L

Re: Select Statement question

2005-02-11 09:33:00
Subject: Re: Select Statement question
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:30:26 -0500
On Feb 11, 2005, at 9:19 AM, Joni Moyer wrote:

I have this finally working, but I was wondering if there is a way to
shorten the width of the columns so that they can all fit on one
line?...

Joni -

The following SQL function is most commonly used to limit the width
of a column:

CHAR                                    SQL function to return a string of
                        optionally limited length, left-aligned.
                        Syntax:  CHAR(Expression[,Len])

Your users should also be aware that Xwindows managers and most Web
browsers allow changing the size of displayed text, so that wider
stuff can fit in a window.

   Richard Sims