ADSM-L

Re: SSA Disk performance

2005-02-10 08:47:29
Subject: Re: SSA Disk performance
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:47:55 +0100
Hi Miles, Paul Zarnowski and others who responded to my question!
Just to let you know the status of my performance problem: we converted the
database RAW LV's to JFS and we enabled AIO and direct I/O. This caused CPU
wait to go down from an average of 40% to about 25%. Sequential I/O rate
measure outside of TSM went up from 10 Mb./sec. to around 40 Mb./sec.
But TSM does not benefit from this at all. We checked everything outside of
TSM, so I will now create a software call at IBM. The database itself has to
be the bottleneck.
Again, thank you VERY much for all your help!!!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines