ADSM-L

ACSLS & TSM

2005-02-08 13:15:30
Subject: ACSLS & TSM
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 13:14:39 -0500
Hello All!

I am setting up NDMP backups within my AIX 5.2.2.5 TSM server environment.
We have ACSLS 7.1 and Gresham EDT 6.4.6 configured with an external library
that manages scratch and data tapes.  We have 3 LTO2 drives attached to the
data movers and we have 100 tapes for use.  I have realized that I will
have to create a whole new library/tape environment for the NDMP backups
since it will need an ACSLS library instead of an externally managed
library.  My questions are, am I doing the following correctly:?

1. Define pool 200 for the NDMP backup tapes.
2. Place the volumes within the library.
3. Set scratch 200 N00000 - N00099
4. Checkin libvolume naslib n00000-n00099 status=scratch
5. Create a device class that utilizes the naslib definition

My thoughts are that this is all that should be needed for this extra
configuration.  Can anyone think of anything that I might've missed?
Thanks in advance!

Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems