ADSM-L

Re: Understanding Management class values

2005-02-03 09:36:07
Subject: Re: Understanding Management class values
From: "William F. Colwell" <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 09:35:05 -0500
Zoltan,

Retonly=nolimit will keep the last version of a deleted file forever.
If the filenames in the directories are static, then it doesn't matter, but if
files are
being deleted, retonly=0 will give the fastest expiration from the server.  I
suggest
a little grace period, say retonly=7.

Hope this helps,

Bill Colwell

At 01:08 PM 2/2/2005, you wrote:
>We have been analyzing of one of our nodes backups, to trim it down.
>
>It was decided that certain directories (image backups of the Oracle
>instance) only need to retain 14-days worth of daily backups....nothing
>more.  The Oracle backups are taken daily, reusing the same files/names.
>
>The following MC values have been suggested.  Would this do the trick ?
>
>verexists
>14
>
>retextra
>Nolimit