ADSM-L

Disk configuration

2005-02-03 08:54:11
Subject: Disk configuration
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 14:47:36 +0100
Hi,

I got a new disk enclosure, singe bus, and 14 ultra320 300GB disks
(HPProliant) to my w2k3 TSM server. I dont need all gigabytes, at maximum I
backup 750Gb per day which includes weekly TDP backups. Normally the amount
of data is 150Gb. Today I have one archive- 150Gb, backup- 600Gb,
directory- 10Gb and collo-file-pool 100Gb.

My question is,  what might be the best disk configuration of 4 disk
storagepools? One raid5 with 14 disks and one volume i Windows.. or 7 raid1
or your suggestions.

tia
//Henrik

this message.