ADSM-L

Restore all files in Linux

2005-02-02 16:43:20
Subject: Restore all files in Linux
From: Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 22:42:32 +0100
Hi,

I try to overwrite all files in Linux with ITSM Client 5.3

But some how is the ITSM Client hanging when it's tries to recover files under
/lib/ssa/....

And I login as local root so I should have full access to overwrite everything
but this is probably more a Linux question then an ITSM question but can ITSM
overwrite all files on a Linux Intel Box?

Or should I exclude some files from the ITSM backup/restore when I try to
recover all files?

Please give me advice here. My knowledge about Linux is not really high but I
try learning the OS at least. :D

I use

ITSM Client: 5.3.0.0 for Linux86

ITSM Server: 5.2.0.0 on AIX-RS/6000 (OS Level 5.1.0.0)

Client OS: RedHat Enterprise Edition AS 3.0 Update 4

Client HW: IBM xSeries 335 with 1 Disk on 36 GB

Med Vänliga Hälsningar / Best Regards
Christian Svensson
Senior Software Engineer

Cristie Data Products
 Europe Cell : +46-(0)70-325 15 77
 US Cell : (415) 420-1210
 US CBMR Support : +1-866-TEC-CBMR
 E-Mail : Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se