ADSM-L

Re: Understanding Management class values

2005-02-02 16:26:56
Subject: Re: Understanding Management class values
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:26:37 -0500
Hi Zoltan!

To exactly meet your requirements as written, I would do it the other
way:

verexists
nolimit

retextra
14

In a perfect world, they produce the same results.
But your way, if someone takes 2 backups in the same day, you have 14
versions, but only 13 days.
And, if a backup gets skipped, you have 14 versions, but they cover 15
days.

Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)