ADSM-L

Re: Expiration

2005-02-01 09:18:22
Subject: Re: Expiration
From: "Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 08:18:07 -0600
We had a similar situation, for us the WIn SysObjs were killing us.  Being that
the Win SysObj change on almost a daily basis and there's quite a few per Win
Server, we created a Mngt class just for Windows sysobj and put a specific
retention of 10 Versions.  We also do a Server side Client Opt file so we were
able to force the following incexl option to all the windows boxes using the
new mngt class.  We saw a 50% reduction in the TSM DB and significant reduction
in the expiration process.

         Option: INCLEXCL
Sequence number: 2
       Override: Yes
   Option Value: INCLUDE.SYSTEMOBJECT ALL SYSTEM_OBJECTS