ADSM-L

Re: Select statement for domains not giving correct output ??

2005-01-31 08:48:39
Subject: Re: Select statement for domains not giving correct output ??
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:48:02 -0700
Does your script do any filtering or other "massaging" of the data? If so,
it could be that the one domain is being massaged out.

Do you have more than one TSM server? If so, it is possible that the
script is logging into a different server.

It would help to see:

- The script

- The *complete* output from a manual SELECT

- The *complete* output from the script (don't use -DATAONLY=YES and don't
strip off any non-data messages... let's see the whole output)

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/29/2005
17:04:00:

> Hi,
>
>  I have a script running daily on a linux host to query for the
> status on backupjobs performed - but something wierd has happened
> within the last month or so... When doing a query in the script like:
>
> SELECT * FROM DOMAINS
>
> I get a list og 9 domains.... But when doing the same query manually
> (either via dsmc or on the command-line on the web-interface), the
> list has 10 policy domains ?? It is the exact same user-id/password,
> that is being used for the queries. Somehow policy-domain number 5
> (in the list) is missing when the query is performed from the script...
Why ??