ADSM-L

Re: Error of startup after successful DB restore

2005-01-28 14:51:49
Subject: Re: Error of startup after successful DB restore
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 14:52:25 -0500
I say they are at the same level because the production server was
migrated to 5.2, then
upgraded to 5.2.2.0:

Session established with server BACKUP: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version 5, Release 2, Level 2.0

 tivoli.tsm.server.com      5.2.2.0    C     F    IBM Tivoli Storage
Manager
                                                   Server common
services
  tivoli.tsm.server.rte      5.2.2.0    C     F    IBM Tivoli Storage
Manager
                                                   Server Runtime

The backup DR server was installed from scratch at 5.2.0 and upgraded
5.2.2.0:

 tivoli.tsm.server.com      5.2.2.0    C     F    IBM Tivoli Storage
Manager
                                                   Server common
services
  tivoli.tsm.server.rte      5.2.0.0    C     F    IBM Tivoli Storage
Manager
                                                   Server Runtime

On Jan 28, 2005, at 2:17 PM, Lawrence Clark wrote:

> After a successful restore, the server does not come up. Both the
> production and DR servers are at the same level, but I get this
errors
> on startup:
>
> [tsmserv2] /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin # dsmserv
> ANR0000W Message repository for language AMENG does not match
program
> level. ...

Looks to me that the alternate TSM server that you think is the same
level as your production server, is in fact not. I would review all
the
filesets and files in detail. Something is amiss.

    Richard Sims