ADSM-L

Re: required HBA fileset to use San Discovery for TSM 5.3

2005-01-28 14:08:32
Subject: Re: required HBA fileset to use San Discovery for TSM 5.3
From: Joerg Pohlmann <jpohlman AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:06:40 -0800
I had the same results with AIX 5.3 and TSM 5.3 - it all seems to work. We
have FC connected LTO2 in a  3584.  I also would like more info on this.

Joerg Pohlmann
604-535-0452

Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
2005-01-28 10:06
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
required HBA fileset to use San Discovery for TSM 5.3

Does anyone know the correct fileset required to use San Discovery for
TSM V5.3?
(devices.common.IBM.fc.hba-api required)  for AIX 5.2.
I read in the TSM supported HBAs for San Device maping
technote that it's 5.2.0.50.

But I read in the ITSM,server & Storage Agent v5.3.0 readme
where it said later than 5.2.0.30 for 64-bit. We are at 5.2.0.40.

I also understand that 5.2.0.30 for 64-bit. Has the error.
Does anyone know where else I can look on the IBM site
to check for any errors on filesets?

Also, Just to be sure what maintenance level does TSM 5.3
require for Aix 5.2. I believe it's ML2 we are at ML 4 so
I assume we are ok and no apar is needed.

Thanks for any help in advance

Config

TSM 5.2.3.1 & 5.2.3.5
AIX 5.2 Maintenance level 4