ADSM-L

Re: SV: SV: V5.3 client and Netware 6.0

2005-01-27 17:10:27
Subject: Re: SV: SV: V5.3 client and Netware 6.0
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:09:54 -0700
Hi Flemming,

I am truly sorry that you are disappointed with my response on this
subject. You might consider pursuing this issue with your IBM marketing or
account representatives if it is a strong concern. But just to be clear:
you *are* fully supported -- with the 5.2 client, even with a 5.3 server.
While end-of-service for version 5.2 has not yet been announced, I expect
5.2 to remain in support through 2006, and probably well into 2007 (though
I can not make formal commitments to that since I don't set end-of-service
policy; this is my own current estimate). Just to put it in perspective,
this means that we will be supporting NetWare 6.0 (with the 5.2 client)
well beyond Novell's own end-of-life for NetWare 6.0.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-01-27
05:35:56: