ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.3 and ISC install - won't

2005-01-27 15:35:48
Subject: Re: TSM 5.3 and ISC install - won't
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:34:06 -0500
The part of the README.INSTALL says to run the <isc_home>/_iscuninst
command, which does not exists at the point of failure.

I tried everything else, including the suggestion to get rid of
vpd.properties.

Still no difference.

Runs to about 15% (see the message that says 1-2 HOURS to install) and
then gives the message about INSTALL failing and then UNINSTALL failing
and to look at LOG.TXT.

The first line of this file says to look at the file I am already looking
at.

The second line says to go look at ISCRuntimeInstall.log in the TEMP
folder. Also says something about STACK_TRACE: 12, ProductException and
"error code = 9"

The last few lines in the log in the TEMP directory says something about:
PortalBasicConfigFail_Exit.

<heavysigh>

Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
01/27/2005 03:03 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: TSM 5.3 and ISC install - won't

Zoltan and Paul,

After the failed install attempts, did you clean up the install per the
README instructions that come with the ISC? Also, take a look at the TSM
Problem Determination Guide at
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/tividd/td/TSMM/SC32-9103-01/en_US/HTML. Use
the "Administrator Center" section in the bottom half of the page.

If nothing works, then I would recommend contacting support for further
assistance.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-01-27
12:24:46:

> Speaking of the "topic of the day", I thought I would install the ISC,
> just to see what the fuss is all about (I use TSMManager for pretty much
> everything TSM wise).  Especially since I just upgraded my test TSM
> server.
>
> I have now tried *FOUR* times to install this wonderful product, only to
> fail each time.
>
> After wandering through the /Program Files/IBM/ISC/log.txt file (per the
> error message) and then following the bouncing-ball to the
> *:\...\Temp\ISCRuntimeInstall.log file (filled with Java jibberish), I
> find the error message:
>
> WizardException: (error code = 200; message="C:\Program
> Files\IBM\ISC\PortalServer\config\wpconfig.properties (The system cannot
> find the path specified)"; exception = [ServiceException: (error code =
> 200; message = "C:\Program
> Files\IBM\ISC\PortalServer\config\wpconfig.properties (The system cannot
> find the path specified)"; severity = 0; exception =
> [java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program
> Files\IBM\ISC\PortalServer\config\wpconfig.properties (The system cannot
> find the path specified)])])
>         at

com.installshield.wizardx.ascii.ModifyFile.writeFile(ModifyFile.java:280)
>         at
> com.installshield.wizardx.actions.AsciiFileUpdateWizardAction.
> execute(AsciiFileUpdateWizardAction.java:171)
>         at
> com.installshield.wizard.StandardWizardListener.
> execute(StandardWizardListener.java:123)
>         at
> com.installshield.wizard.StandardWizardListener.
> currentBeanChanged(StandardWizardListener.java:106)
>         at
com.installshield.wizard.Wizard$RunThread.run(Wizard.java:1564)