ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.3 and ISC install - won't

2005-01-27 15:04:44
Subject: Re: TSM 5.3 and ISC install - won't
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:03:49 -0700
Zoltan and Paul,

After the failed install attempts, did you clean up the install per the
README instructions that come with the ISC? Also, take a look at the TSM
Problem Determination Guide at
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/tividd/td/TSMM/SC32-9103-01/en_US/HTML. Use
the "Administrator Center" section in the bottom half of the page.

If nothing works, then I would recommend contacting support for further
assistance.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-01-27
12:24:46:

> Speaking of the "topic of the day", I thought I would install the ISC,
> just to see what the fuss is all about (I use TSMManager for pretty much
> everything TSM wise).  Especially since I just upgraded my test TSM
> server.
>
> I have now tried *FOUR* times to install this wonderful product, only to
> fail each time.
>
> After wandering through the /Program Files/IBM/ISC/log.txt file (per the
> error message) and then following the bouncing-ball to the
> *:\...\Temp\ISCRuntimeInstall.log file (filled with Java jibberish), I
> find the error message:
>
> WizardException: (error code = 200; message="C:\Program
> Files\IBM\ISC\PortalServer\config\wpconfig.properties (The system cannot
> find the path specified)"; exception = [ServiceException: (error code =
> 200; message = "C:\Program
> Files\IBM\ISC\PortalServer\config\wpconfig.properties (The system cannot
> find the path specified)"; severity = 0; exception =
> [java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program
> Files\IBM\ISC\PortalServer\config\wpconfig.properties (The system cannot
> find the path specified)])])
>         at

com.installshield.wizardx.ascii.ModifyFile.writeFile(ModifyFile.java:280)
>         at
> com.installshield.wizardx.actions.AsciiFileUpdateWizardAction.
> execute(AsciiFileUpdateWizardAction.java:171)
>         at
> com.installshield.wizard.StandardWizardListener.
> execute(StandardWizardListener.java:123)
>         at
> com.installshield.wizard.StandardWizardListener.
> currentBeanChanged(StandardWizardListener.java:106)
>         at
com.installshield.wizard.Wizard$RunThread.run(Wizard.java:1564)