ADSM-L

TSM 5.3 ISC - how do I manage the ISC (not the AC)

2005-01-27 14:48:57
Subject: TSM 5.3 ISC - how do I manage the ISC (not the AC)
From: Joerg Pohlmann <jpohlman AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:48:34 -0800
Now that I'm slowly getting used to the ISC/AC, I need some help and
advice on how to manage the ISC:

1. The ISC contains user IDs and password to log on to the ISC. What
security measures exist and what should I do tho ensure that the ISC IDs
cannot be discovered, and also that their respective TSM Admin IDs and
their passwords cannot be disclosed?

2. How can I enforce minimum password length, password change intervals,
and set an invalid signon attempt limit for the ISC?

3. I added our ISC/AC (i.e. TSM) admins to the iscadmins group. These
admins have the capability to add other ISC admins. How can I restrict the
iscadmins or how should I create iscadmins such that they can see and use
the TSM portal but cannot add other iscadmins?

4. For backup of the ISC server, we put a TSM 5.3 client on the (W2K)
machine. Backup works fine. If we had to recreate the machine or reinstall
the ISC/AC, what are the files that are needed to bring back the isc admin
IDs, their passwords, their links to the TSM server(s), and their
respective TSM admin IDs and passwords?

5. I have a SAN Volume Controller installation. The SVC console runs on a
nice heavy-duty server. Can I integrate the AC into the SVC Console? The
look and feel of the SVC Console is identical to the ISC/AC and it sure
would be nice to have one console server for the enterprise.

Joerg Pohlmann
604-535-0452