ADSM-L

Re: TDP Exchange restore compatability question

2005-01-27 09:54:02
Subject: Re: TDP Exchange restore compatability question
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:53:45 -0500
Bill,

Microsoft Exchange has a restriction that you cannot restore an Exchange
5.5
database into an Exchange 2000 server (let alone into an Exchange 2003
server.)

See this URL for the statement from Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/exchange/2000/all/reskit/en-us/resguide/c28back.mspx

You would need to keep versions of the Exchange 5.5 Server installation
disks
(as well as Windows NT or Windows 2000) in order to rebuild the Exchange
5.5
Server... which you could then restore your data. This is not a TSM
restriction,
it would apply to any vendor using the Exchange Server backup APIs.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/27/2005
09:15:23 AM: