ADSM-L

Re: Windows client keeps asking for password

2005-01-27 04:33:13
Subject: Re: Windows client keeps asking for password
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:33:47 +0100
Hi Tom!
Thanks for putting me on the right track!
As soon as I started dsmcutil I saw that it tried to load a 5.3.0 API. This
while I had the 5.1.7 client installed. It looks like the TSM 5.3 uninstall
doesn't remove all files, it leaves the tsmapi.dll behind in the SYSTEM32
directory. A re-install of the 5.1.7 client does not replace the tsmapi.dll,
so I had to uninstall 5.1.7, remove the tsmapi.dll manually and reinstall
5.1.7.
Now everything works fine again!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon