ADSM-L

Re: TSM thinks local disk is a cluster disk

2005-01-25 14:51:14
Subject: Re: TSM thinks local disk is a cluster disk
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:50:54 -0700
Hi Eric,

There are no plans for a 5.1.8 client. If you require a fix at the 5.1
level, you should open a call with support so we can look into the
possibility of getting you a 5.1.7-based interim fix.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Hi Andy!
Thank you very much for your reply!
We tried the circumvention which is listed in the APAR, but that doesn't
work. We then installed the 5.3.0 client and now the D: drive is seen
correctly. However, we can't use this client level: our server is
down-leveled for system state backup and we can't upgrade our server (AIX
4.3.3) yet.
The APAR mentions the levels affected are 5.2.2 and 5.2.3. I see the same
bug in the 5.1.7 client. Can we expect this fix for 5.1.8 too?
Thank you very much for your reply in advance!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines