ADSM-L

Re: order of admin tasks

2005-01-25 10:42:15
Subject: Re: order of admin tasks
From: David Ehresman <deehre01 AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:26:55 -0500
My goal is to get my offsite backups out the door as soon as possible.
 Thus, if I were doing two data base backups as you list, one for
onsite and one for offsite, I'd just do the offsite one, then get the
DRMPlan created and tapes ejected before doing the DB backup for
keeping onsite. I also generate my list of tapes to be brought onsite
at the same time as I am ejecting my offsite tapes.

Since Expire Inventory logically removes files from storage pools, I
run it before running my reclaims.

My whole admin process is scripted with AIX shell scripts which each
start the next process the current one finishes.
--
David Ehresman
deehre01 AT louisville DOT edu