ADSM-L

TSM disk failover?

2005-01-24 17:19:09
Subject: TSM disk failover?
From: David Chapa <david.chapa AT ADIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:18:42 -0700
I heard there is a way to set up failover with TSM's disk cache.

In talking with a colleague he indicated TSM had the ability to perform
transparent failover between disk volumes.  Example:

A TSM server is writing data to a disk volume.  Disk volume fails.  TSM
immediately begins writing to a second disk volume (could be on a
separate array).

This assumes that TSM is using the backup to disk option and data is
received by the server via LAN based clients.

Unfortunately while he "indicated" that he "thought" it had the
capability, he couldn't tell me how to deploy it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David A. Chapa | ADIC | 720.272.8452 cell | http://www.adic.com