ADSM-L

Re: Failing incremental Oracle RMAN backups

2005-01-24 10:05:49
Subject: Re: Failing incremental Oracle RMAN backups
From: Andreas Almroth <almrot_a AT MTNCAMEROON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:03:54 +0100
Hi all,

Further on my email on failing Oracle backups, we probably have
discovered where the problem was, and it was indeed a misconfiguration.
When going through all configuration files again we realised that
COMMTIMEOUT and IDLETIMEOUT were only set on the TSM server and not in
the storage agent's dsmsta.opt files. Once we added these, we seem to
have working incremental backups.

So summary: COMMTIMEOUT and IDLETIMEOUT should be set for the SAN
storage agent as well as on the TSM server.

Thanks,
Andreas