ADSM-L

Re: Display a Node's details

2005-01-20 08:45:18
Subject: Re: Display a Node's details
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 08:45:01 -0500
Yiannakis

Go to:
   http://www.ibm.com/us/

and search for:
   +DP +SQL +ANS1017E

You will find that when restoring large databases,
Data Protection for SQL will restore a small amount of data.
At that point, the SQL Server formats the large files that will eventually
hold all of the restored data. This preformat can take SQL Server
quite a while to perform. Once the preformatting is done, Data Protection
for SQL will continue with the restore. You will need to raise the value
of the
COMMTIMEOUT setting on your TSM Server to allow for large SQL database
restores.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/20/2005
05:03:33 AM: