ADSM-L

Re: TSM Client on HMC

2005-01-19 17:01:59
Subject: Re: TSM Client on HMC
From: Paul Fielding <paul.fielding AT SHAW DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:00:13 -0700
Hey Miles,

I know of one customer who tried without much success.  My understanding is
that the HMC was too far locked down to be able to install and run the TSM
client on it.

Given that the HMC is supposed to be a closed system, there shouldn't be
anything stored on there that you need to keep, other than some basic
settings that can be backed up by the HMC's own processes on the odd
ocassion that you make such changes.   If the HMC blows up I'd probably just
restore it from CD or DVD...

regards,

Paul