ADSM-L

Monitoring lifecycle of tapes in a 3494 library?

2005-01-17 13:30:30
Subject: Monitoring lifecycle of tapes in a 3494 library?
From: John C Dury <jdury AT DUQLIGHT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:30:16 -0500
We have 2 3494 libraries, one local and one remote, and our auditors would
like us to monitor the lifecycle of the tapes in both. I've informed them
that, upon several errors, TSM will mark the tape as unavailable and stop
using it, but that isn't good enough for them. They want an automated
report generated that will show how long the tapes have been in the library
and possibly how many errors, read and write, have been detected on each.
Anyone have any suggestions on an automated way to do this? Or as automated
as possible?
Thanks.