ADSM-L

Re: Recovery TSM server

2005-01-16 22:52:22
Subject: Re: Recovery TSM server
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 22:52:14 -0500
On Jan 16, 2005, at 10:16 PM, nghiatd wrote:

Dear  all,

I am testing Disaster recovery function of TSM extended Edition. I do
steps in userguide. When I restored TSM server, I got message as
following :

ANR2820I Automatic license audit started as process 2.
ANR0993I Server initialization complete.
ANR0916I TIVOLI STORAGE MANAGER distributed by Tivoli is now ready for
use.
ANR8439I SCSI library LB0.1.0.4 is ready for operations.
ANR0985I Process 1 for EXPIRATION running in the BACKGROUND completed
with
completion state SUCCESS at 10:07:50.
ANR2825I License audit process 2 completed successfully - 6 nodes
audited.
ANR0987I Process 2 for AUDIT LICENSE running in the BACKGROUND
processed 6 items
with a completion state of SUCCESS at 10:07:50.
ANR2841W Server is NOT IN COMPLIANCE with license terms.
ANR2103I Activity log pruning completed: 351 records removed.
ANR9999D ca.cpp(1339): ThreadId<14>  NULL pointer capP from engineP
05E760E8
TSM:VMS-BK_SERVER1>
ANR9999D ca.cpp(1339): ThreadId<14>  NULL pointer capP from engineP
05E760E8

I didn't see TSM service in Services  and not start TSM server.
Help me to fix it ?

Thanks in advance,

Nghiatd,

PS: OS : win2K, TSM 5.2

I'd rather be watching the rest of the Golden Globe awards, but...
I haven't heard of that ca error before. A null pointer is most
commonly the result of being unable to allocate the desired size block
of memory. I would check the amount of virtual memory on that system.
We don't know your W2K SP level, but make sure it is appropriate. The
2841 message indicates that you are lacking your nodelock file, so
depending upon whether you are restoring or rebuilding your server, you
may want to review the files complement.
(Note: In a DR server restoral, you probably want server options
"DISABLESCheds Yes" and "NOMIGRRECL".)
Beyond that, you'll need to call TSM Support.

    Richard Sims