ADSM-L

Re: PowerVault 132T and Dell 110T LTO2 drives problem

2005-01-13 12:40:27
Subject: Re: PowerVault 132T and Dell 110T LTO2 drives problem
From: Martin Trcka <trcka AT GCSYSTEM DOT CZ>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:40:04 +0100
I've tried all possible combinations of checkin volumes, neither worked.

label libvol search=yes labels=barcode
label libvol search=bulk labels=barcode
label libvol search=yes labels=barcode checkin=scr

I'm able to check volumes in (checklabel=barcode), but when TSM wants to
write to the tape (label, data), nothing happens. Tape just sits in the
drive.

I can see NO errors both in Activity log and Event log.

S pozdravem / Best Regards,

Martin Trcka, IT Consultant
Tech. Support Department
GC System a.s., Spitalka 41, 60200 Brno, Czech Rep.
mob: +420 602 452 361
fax: +420 543 537 333
email: trcka AT gcsystem DOT cz

Pablo Wolinski napsal(a):

Hello Martin,

What is the process (sequence of commands) you are using to checkin/label the
drives?

I once had the same problem checking in the drives in a STK L80 library, and
the solution was simply not checking in the tapes with TSM 5.2.3, just did a

label libvol storagetek-l80 search=bulk labels=barcode checkin=scr
overwrite=yes

and then went to the library, put the tapes 5 at a time on the entry slots and
did the reply XXX.

I was not able to run successfully any other combination of checkin/checkout
... remove=no force=yes, label, etc. etc.

HTH!,

Pablito.