ADSM-L

Re: Enabling caching to shorten housekeeping

2005-01-13 12:13:18
Subject: Re: Enabling caching to shorten housekeeping
From: Steve Bennett <steve_bennett AT ADMIN.STATE.AK DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 08:00:20 -0900
Eric,

In the past with caching on I have found that during heavy client backup
times we would see an occasional problem where there was not enough disk
space to backup a client file so it would fail. It caused us enough
grief that we stopped using cache.

In our environment we have enough disk to store a bit more than one days
client backup so we are able to run stgpool backups before we do
migration. This allows us to do what you want without using cache. You
did not indicate whether you migrate more than once a day, etc. so I
wasn't able to tell if that would work for you. It might have been
helpful to have a few more specifics about your environment for us to
work with.

Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM wrote:

Hi Steve!
Which details are you missing in my post?
Which issues with caching are you referring to?
Thanks!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines