ADSM-L

Re: ANR1339W

2005-01-11 18:00:07
Subject: Re: ANR1339W
From: Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:57:12 +1000
I've seen this one before

I'm using the 32 bit adsmpipe utility to back up streams that are far larger
than 4 GB.  Thus I can't specify a large enough size estimate.  This message
repeatedly appears as the allocated space in the stgpool is exhaused. But,
we've tested this quite thoroughly, and the data comes back in good shape.  I
think that the only possible downside will be if there is aboslutely no space
left in the storagepool and the allocation needs to be extended.  At this point
the backup may fail, but I haven't see that happen yet.

Regards

Steve Harris
TSM Admin
Queensland Health, Brisbane Australia

>>> deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU 12/01/2005 5:55:17 >>>
I was told by Tivoli Support that that message really means the Netware client
is trying to back up a file greater than 4gig and quietly (other that the
ANR1339W) failing leaving what looks like a good backup but which in fact is a
corrupted backup.  Fix not expected until end-of-1st-quarter-2005!!

David Ehresman
University of Louisville

>>> f.vincent AT COFINOGA DOT FR 01/11/05 11:04 AM >>>
Who know this message and its origin?
thanks

01/11/2005 16:49:47   ANR1339W Session 9985 underestimated a size allocation

                       request - 347MB more space was allocated to allow the

                       operation to continue. (SESSION: 9985)

VINCENT Frédéric
COFINOGA / PSI / Exploitation Serveurs
SOPRA group.

This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s).  This confidentiality is not waived or
lost, if you receive it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is
transmitted/received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this
email is prohibited.  It may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality
if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this email in
error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by telephone or by return
email.  You should also delete this email and destroy any hard copies produced.