ADSM-L

Re: ISC on WinXP or Unix

2005-01-08 08:01:19
Subject: Re: ISC on WinXP or Unix
From: Jurjen Oskam <jurjen-tsm AT STUPENDOUS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 14:00:39 +0059
On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 09:52:29AM +0100, Richard van Denzel wrote:

> I hope you'll agree that the requirements for ISC/AC are ludicrous, we
> were better of with the old webadmin, without all the new "functionality".

Maybe it's just me, but my idea of the old webadmin is that it's just dsmadmc
but with a scrollbar. I installed TSM 5.3 and didn't bother with the new
console. There are new options in 5.3 that make it possible to separate
administrative client access from backup/archive client access on the network
level, that come in quite handy.

What I would *really* like though: dsmadmc just using stdin/stdout/stderr
instead of its own console magic. Now I have to use Expect when scripting
dsmadmc stuff; it would be *much* handier if I could just open a pipe to
and from dsmadmc.

--
Jurjen Oskam
  "E-mail has just erupted like a weed, and instead of considering