ADSM-L

Re: defining library path(device) in solaris

2005-01-05 07:22:08
Subject: Re: defining library path(device) in solaris
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 07:21:16 -0500
On Jan 5, 2005, at 1:14 PM, Geetha Thanu wrote:

I have installed tivoli in solaris 8 machine which is attached to a
library
storEdge L1000. It has 2 drives.

The path of the drives are known as(/dev/rmt/1 , /dev/rmt/2)
But i am not knowing what is the path for robotic arm.

No idea what it should be..

please help me in configuring the device path of robotic arm in solaris
8.
waiting for your replies.

Geetha -
In general it is best to determine the /dev path for a SCSI device by
correlating SCSI address and element numbers with device documentation.
The hardware vendor usually provides the numbers in its manual and, in
its support of multiple vendor device types, IBM does a heroic job in
providing online layouts. For the L1000, see web page:

   Richard Sims