ADSM-L

Re: Tape Questions

2004-12-22 10:31:18
Subject: Re: Tape Questions
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:30:59 -0700
        Um.... A little too vague there... It all depends on the type of
data and the tapes...

        For 3590e drives we see somewhere between 30GB and 120GB per
tape depending on the compressibility of the data.
        For 3592 drives, it's somewhere between 300GB and 1TB per tape.

        So, in our case, we have actually fit 1TB of data on 1 tape,
nowhere near a 1000 tapes.

Ben