ADSM-L

Re: Does PreScheduleCmd work with Archives?

2004-12-21 09:49:10
Subject: Re: Does PreScheduleCmd work with Archives?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 07:48:52 -0700
You are welcome!

No, the syntax is not quite as you have stated; you also need to have an
'=' between the option name and value. For example, if you code

   SUBDIR YES

in the options file, the command line equivalent would be

   -SUBDIR=YES

In the case of your specific option, you can use something like this:

   -PRESCHEDULECMD="cmd.exe /c d:\Oracle\database\idevhotbackup.cmd"

When adding this to a schedule definition, specify the OPTIONS parameter
with the option in single quotes, like this:

   OPTIONS='-PRESCHEDULECMD="cmd.exe /c
d:\Oracle\database\idevhotbackup.cmd"'

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 12/20/2004
15:05:24: