ADSM-L

Re: Tapes unavailable message

2004-12-20 12:13:44
Subject: Re: Tapes unavailable message
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:13:24 -0500

Geoff,

You can also get that message when the tape is in use.  I have a server
that hosts a lot of RMAN logsweeps going straight to tape, and our "Backup
Stgpool" process gets that message a lot.

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

He who laughs last has a good backup.

             "Gill, Geoffrey
             L."
             <GEOFFREY.L.GILL@                                          To
             SAIC.COM>                 ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Sent by: "ADSM:                                            cc
             Dist Stor
             Manager"                                              Subject
             <[email protected]         Tapes unavailable message
             .EDU>

             12/20/2004 12:00
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"

This morning I've noticed these messages in the log and have not been able
to figure out why when q vol acc=unav and q vol acc=destr come back with no
tapes in either status. The tapes are in the library, and available so I
don't get it. Am I missing some other way to check this? There are 8 tapes
that show this message in the log.

12/20/04 05:00:11     ANR1229W Volume U02251 cannot be backed up - volume
is

                       offline or access mode is "unavailable" or
"destroyed".

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer