ADSM-L

Tape content / Tape usage / Tape view

2004-12-17 09:50:55
Subject: Tape content / Tape usage / Tape view
From: Mark Strasheim <ms AT DEFINITIV-BA DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:25:51 +0100
Aloha again,

I have tried to get information an this topics before, but maybe i expressed
myself in a wrong way.

When i type: q libv i get this report form the Tivoli Manager

Library Name     Volume Name     Status         Owner          Last Use
Home        Device

Element     Type
------------     -----------     ----------     ----------     ---------
-------     ------
4560SLXLIB       AKZ900L1        Private                                     32

4560SLXLIB       AKZ901L1        Scratch                                     33

4560SLXLIB       AKZ902L1        Private                       DbBackup      34

4560SLXLIB       AKZ903L1        Private                       DbBackup      35

4560SLXLIB       AKZ904L1        Private                       Data          36

4560SLXLIB       AKZ910L1        Private                       DbBackup      47

4560SLXLIB       AKZ911L1        Scratch                                     48

4560SLXLIB       AKZ912L1        Private                                     37

4560SLXLIB       AKZ914L1        Scratch                                     51

Some Tapes are private, that is OK, but as the administrator I think they
should be Scratch. I can't change the status
to Scratch with: update volume
As far as i understood TSM thinks that there is still Data on that tape that is
in use.
I have already asked the maillinglist how I could view the content of a tape,
the answer was q con "volume", but this is only true
if the volume would be defined as a Storagepool:
q con akz912l1
ANR2401E QUERY CONTENT: Volume akz912l1 is not defined in a storage pool.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

this this information may be useful
q stg

Storage         Device          Estimated       Pct       Pct     High     Low
   Next Stora-
Pool Name       Class Name       Capacity      Util      Migr      Mig     Mig
   ge Pool
                                     (MB)                          Pct     Pct

-----------     ----------     ----------     -----     -----     ----     ---
   -----------
AUTOLTO_PO-     AUTOLTO_C-        2,000 G       4.8      20.0       90      70

OL              LASS

BACKUPPOOL      DISK                 30 G      25.6      25.6       90      70
   AUTOLTO_PO-

    OL
DBDATA          DISK                 20 G      33.6      33.6       90      70
   AUTOLTO_PO-

    OL
GFS-NUK-MG-     DISK                 19 G      34.3      34.3       90      70
   AUTOLTO_PO-
 MTCLASS
    OL
SERVERSTG       DISK                 25 G      81.0      81.0       90      70
   AUTOLTO_PO-

    OL

So how can i view the content of that tape?
How can i get a constant view on the tape usage?

with regards

Mark Strasheim

        definitiv! business applications GmbH & Co. KG
        Fresnostrasse 14 - 18 · DE-48159 Münster
        Tel. +49 (0) 251 21092 - 23 · Fax +49 (0) 251 21092 - 29
        <mailto:ms AT definitiv-ba DOT de> mailto:ms AT definitiv-ba DOT de ·
        <http://www.definitiv-ba.de/> http://www.definitiv-ba.de