ADSM-L

Re: license costs

2004-12-16 11:36:28
Subject: Re: license costs
From: Stef Coene <stef.coene AT DOCUM DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:33:34 +0100
On Thursday 16 December 2004 14:13, Richard Rhodes wrote:
> >You can't.  To be short, you need 1 license / cpu for the servers.  OS
>
> doesn't
>
> >matter.  The license count on the server is based on the number of active
> >nodes.  So the number of license you have to buy have nothing to do with
>
> the
>
> >numer reported by the TSM server.
>
> Here is an example of how TSM nodes may not match licensing.
An other example is how we backup AIX cluster.  We use different TSM client
node names for the AIX and the application data so we can take a backup or
restore when there is a failover.
So we can have 10 different TSM clients to backup 2 x 1 CPU, AIX servers.

Stef

--
stef.coene AT docum DOT org
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"