ADSM-L

Re: Permissions on SQL TDP

2004-12-15 17:07:15
Subject: Re: Permissions on SQL TDP
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:48:32 -0500
Fred,

Data Protection for SQL requires SYSADMIN role for the ID that
runs the backups and restores. Data Protection for SQL uses the
specialized SQL Server VDI (Virtual Device Interface) API
in order to get the additional speed and function for performing
backup and restores. In order to utilize the SQL Server "VDI" API,
Microsoft SQL Server requires the SYSADMIN role because the VDI API
actually shares storage with the SQL Server to increase performance.
It also requires enough system permissions to read and write to the
local registry.

Thanks,

Del
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 12/15/2004
04:08:25 PM: