ADSM-L

5.2.3.5 Upgrade and Slow Expiration

2004-12-15 15:15:36
Subject: 5.2.3.5 Upgrade and Slow Expiration
From: "Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:09:46 -0600
We have two identical TSM Server (AIX 5.2 / p630 / TSM 5.2.3.5) They were both
@ TSM 5.2.3.4 then we upgraded to 5.2.3.5 on the same day.  One of the servers
has been running just fine (TSM Server1).  When the other TSM server (TSM
Server2) runs Expiration it grinds to a halt with in an hour regardless of
doing a cancel expiration or just trying to cancel the process.  This
TSMServer2 Backups / Archives our Oracle Env so when Expiration runs it brings
the TSM Server instance to its knees to the point it won't take client data.

Server Info:

TSM Server 1 ver 5.2.3.5
DB = 141GB Cache Hit 98.89%
Expiration Runs Fine (thousands obj per min)
        Backup Clients are primarily Windows (4-500 Clients)

TSM Server 2 ver 5.2.3.5
DB = 149GB DB Cache Hit 98.26%
Expiration Runs So Slow (a few obj per min)
        Backup Clients are primarily Unix (2-300 Clients) Does dsmc Archives
and Incremental

Has anyone run into strange issues when going to 5.2.3.5?  I have a PMR open...
but not getting much out of them... (Which usually isn't the case)  I have
searched the list and any APARS... No luck yet.

Appreciate any info!