ADSM-L

Re: DBtape won't go to scratch status

2004-12-14 09:49:21
Subject: Re: DBtape won't go to scratch status
From: Sander te Riet Scholten <Sander_te_Riet_Scholten AT TECTRADE DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:29:42 +0100
Hello,

If you use DRM, follow the steps below:

If the database tapes are in status MOUNTABLE, you need to checkout those
tapes, after the checkout the tapes will become VAULTRETRIEVE immediately.
For some reason DB-tapes that are in the library will NOT become SCRATCH
automatically. You need to checkout/checkin those tapes for them to become
SCRATCH.

Regards,
Sander

Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
12/14/2004 03:14 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: DBtape won't go to scratch status

Richard,

The Dbbackups are being pruned, see the following.

We have Delete Volhistory set
Schedule Name DELETE_VOLHIST_DBDACK
Description -
Command delete volhistory type=dbbackup todate=today-14
Priority 5
Start date 2002-06-18
Start time 08:57:00
Duration 1
Duration units HOURS
Period 1
Period units DAYS
Day of Week ANY
Expiration -
Active? YES
Last Update Date/Time 2004-04-28 07:36:44.000000
Last Update by (administrator)
Managing profile -

The date on the tape shows 12/23/03 it show have been
pruned a long time ago.

Don, We have Reclamation set. I have not tried running a move data yet

Schedule Name TAPE_RECLAIM_ON
Description reclaim tapes
Command UPD STG TAPEPOOL RECLAIM=20
Priority 5
Start date 2002-06-17
Start time 09:00:00
Duration 12
Duration units HOURS
Period 1
Period units DAYS
Day of Week ANY
Expiration -
Active? YES
Last Update Date/Time 2004-12-03 15:15:17.000000
Last Update by (administrator)
Managing profile -

Thanks Richard, Don and Jin