ADSM-L

Re: TSM Performance across many small DB Volumes?

2004-12-10 09:51:09
Subject: Re: TSM Performance across many small DB Volumes?
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:50:47 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of David Moore
>Also, if I do move forward with the volume consolidation,
>should I do a UNLOADDB, LOADFORMAT, LOADDB first?  Will that
>lead to smoother database maintenance?

You need to dig into the TSM administrator manuals more carefully, in
order to understand TSM DB administration more clearly. You would also
benefit from reading the answer to 04-38 in the TSM FAQ, published every
month (list administrator willing) in this list and archived at
http://www.mail-archive.com/adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu/.

Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627