ADSM-L

scripts.smp

2004-12-10 08:52:52
Subject: scripts.smp
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:52:40 +0100
Hi,

Windows TSM server 5.2.2.5.

On an idle friday afternoon... I wanted to check out q_proc_stats scipt in
scripts.smp. I renamed it to scripts.mac and run 'macro scripts.mac'.
It ran to:
def script q_archret_gt desc='Show mgmt classes with archive retention > X
days'
ANR2002E Missing closing quote character.
ANS8001I Return code 3.

I seems like define script doesn´t work with a space before > in
description field.
It might not be a big deal but i didnt want to take down TSM to run
'dsmserv runfile scripts.smp' which of course most likely will fail
anyway..

Now it´s time to use find & replace...

//Henrik

tsm: STO-W03>def script q_archret_gt desc='"Show mgmt classes with archive
retention > X days"'
ANR2002E Missing closing quote character.
ANS8001I Return code 3.

tsm: STO-W03>def script q_archret_gt desc='"Show mgmt classes with archive
retention X days"'
ANR1454I DEFINE SCRIPT: Command script Q_ARCHRET_GT defined.

tsm: STO-W03>del scr Q_ARCHRET_GT

Do you wish to proceed? (Yes (Y)/No (N)) y
ANR1457I DELETE SCRIPT: Command script Q_ARCHRET_GT deleted.

tsm: STO-W03>def script q_archret_gt desc='Show mgmt classes with archive
retention > X days'
ANR2002E Missing closing quote character.
ANS8001I Return code 3.

tsm: STO-W03>def script q_archret_gt desc='Show mgmt classes with archive
retention X days'
ANR1454I DEFINE SCRIPT: Command script Q_ARCHRET_GT defined.

tsm: STO-W03>del scr Q_ARCHRET_GT

Do you wish to proceed? (Yes (Y)/No (N)) y
ANR1457I DELETE SCRIPT: Command script Q_ARCHRET_GT deleted.

tsm: STO-W03>def scr test2 desc=">"
ANR1454I DEFINE SCRIPT: Command script TEST2 defined.

tsm: STO-W03>del sct test2
ANR2000E Unknown command - DELETE SCT.
ANS8001I Return code 2.

tsm: STO-W03>del scr test2

Do you wish to proceed? (Yes (Y)/No (N)) y
ANR1457I DELETE SCRIPT: Command script TEST2 deleted.

tsm: STO-W03>def scr test2 desc=" >"
ANR2002E Missing closing quote character.
ANS8001I Return code 3.

this message.
Thank you.